Supervisors had a late night budget cutting session that netted approximately 6.7 million savings in the first year but many of the cuts were one year suspension of services that don’t yield much savings in the 5 year plan. In terms of ‘illegal immigration’ the additional police staffing of 6 officers and 1 support staff civilian that were requested were removed; however Chairman Stewart made it clear that it does not mean that officers will not be perfoming those duties. Interestingly, Chief Deane pointed out that if we were to be competitive with some surrounding jurisdictions we would be looking at hiring 100-200 officers instead of the 36 that he initially requested. Also, the cameras for the police cruisers have at least temporarily been removed. If staff determines the cameras are required to mitigate liabilities resulting from a lawsuit they can be reintroduced. Still on the table for possible reductions are 85 County employees layoffs which could account for another 5 million. The end result being a 5% increase for residential properties & a 28.6% increase on the average commercial tax bill.
Current Moon Phase
Top Posts & Pages
- Corey Stewart defends Roy Moore
- She Was Never About Those Huddled Masses
- Open Thread.....................November, 2017
- O'Meara's Restaurant Closes
- Bonfadini Christmas Display-A Manassas Tradition
- Who Told The Gainesville Grizzlies They Were Getting Free Parkland From The Avendale Rezoning?
- Former Gar-Field teacher pleads guilty to sex with student
- Moon mission to launch from Wallop's Island
- What President Obama Can Teach America's Kids
- When Good Soldiers Go Bad
All contents copyright Moonhowlings.net