Supervisors had a late night budget cutting session that netted approximately 6.7 million savings in the first year but many of the cuts were one year suspension of services that don’t yield much savings in the 5 year plan. In terms of ‘illegal immigration’ the additional police staffing of 6 officers and 1 support staff civilian that were requested were removed; however Chairman Stewart made it clear that it does not mean that officers will not be perfoming those duties. Interestingly, Chief Deane pointed out that if we were to be competitive with some surrounding jurisdictions we would be looking at hiring 100-200 officers instead of the 36 that he initially requested. Also, the cameras for the police cruisers have at least temporarily been removed. If staff determines the cameras are required to mitigate liabilities resulting from a lawsuit they can be reintroduced. Still on the table for possible reductions are 85 County employees layoffs which could account for another 5 million. The end result being a 5% increase for residential properties & a 28.6% increase on the average commercial tax bill.
Current Moon Phase
Top Posts & Pages
- Corey Stewart announces the "most vicious, ruthless campaign" against Tim Kaine for the Senate
- Cuccinelli's attempts to ban no fault divorce
- 151-proof grain alcohol: Drunker than greased lightening
- Embarrassment: A failed promise
- The Most Influential People of the 21st Century
- The blue states are seceding!!
- County Employee, Ray Utz, Arrested
- PW election official in hot water over absentee ballots
- School board chairman takes Superintendent Walts to court
- Public Parks SHOULD be FOR the Public......RIGHT???
All contents copyright Moonhowlings.net