Supervisors had a late night budget cutting session that netted approximately 6.7 million savings in the first year but many of the cuts were one year suspension of services that don’t yield much savings in the 5 year plan. In terms of ‘illegal immigration’ the additional police staffing of 6 officers and 1 support staff civilian that were requested were removed; however Chairman Stewart made it clear that it does not mean that officers will not be perfoming those duties. Interestingly, Chief Deane pointed out that if we were to be competitive with some surrounding jurisdictions we would be looking at hiring 100-200 officers instead of the 36 that he initially requested. Also, the cameras for the police cruisers have at least temporarily been removed. If staff determines the cameras are required to mitigate liabilities resulting from a lawsuit they can be reintroduced. Still on the table for possible reductions are 85 County employees layoffs which could account for another 5 million. The end result being a 5% increase for residential properties & a 28.6% increase on the average commercial tax bill.
Current Moon Phase
Top Posts & Pages
- Our Beginnings
- She Was Never About Those Huddled Masses
- Open Thread........................September 2017
- The World of Trump
- Recall takes on a life of its own
- Former Gar-Field teacher pleads guilty to sex with student
- Democrats and Fimian Spar over Legatus
- Political Daily News
- Senate announces bipartisan immigration deal
- High Stakes Meeting, US and Russia....Over Burgers and Shared Fries!
All contents copyright Moonhowlings.net