Can we, the taxpayers of Prince William County, do away with the Chairman-at-Large position? In these tough economic times it should be a consideration. By conservative estimations, it could save taxpayers around a half million dollars. The position has not always existed and doesn’t appear to have any mandate to continue. Whether or not it can be done away with prior to the 2011 redistricting appears to be a question that deserves an answer. It seems to exist mainly as a position of prestige and apparently as a stepping stone to higher office. But, since the chairman-at-large position doesn’t actually represent any actual Prince William County resident, it should be slated for possible removal in the budgetary process. Any thoughts?
Current Moon Phase
Top Posts & Pages
- Open Thread.............................July, 2017
- Little green men, Russians, and Congressmen
- PWCSB passes anti-discrimination measures for LGBTQ students and staff
- Aspergers man charged with child porn
- Corey Stewart announces the "most vicious, ruthless campaign" against Tim Kaine for the Senate
- Hail to the Redskins....Hail Vic-tor-y!
- Cocks over Glocks? Tell me it isn't so!!!!
- Tom Selleck and the NRA: Do I have to hate Blue Bloods?
- The blue states are seceding!!
- PWC teachers in big trouble over SOL testing
All contents copyright Moonhowlings.net