Can we, the taxpayers of Prince William County, do away with the Chairman-at-Large position? In these tough economic times it should be a consideration. By conservative estimations, it could save taxpayers around a half million dollars. The position has not always existed and doesn’t appear to have any mandate to continue. Whether or not it can be done away with prior to the 2011 redistricting appears to be a question that deserves an answer. It seems to exist mainly as a position of prestige and apparently as a stepping stone to higher office. But, since the chairman-at-large position doesn’t actually represent any actual Prince William County resident, it should be slated for possible removal in the budgetary process. Any thoughts?
Current Moon Phase
Top Posts & Pages
- Virginia Concealed-carry Permit Questions
- You might be a redneck racist if....
- BOCS: What did and did not happen
- Former Gar-Field teacher pleads guilty to sex with student
- FCC Swear Word Ban Policy Ditched By Federal Court
- Indiana Protects Buffalo Modesty on State Seal
- GOP XXX-tends Its Family Values Theme to Bondage Clubs--According to Jon Stewart
- Double PW Murder Shrouded in International Intrigue
- I stand with Harry Wiggins
- Open Thread..................January/February 2018
All contents copyright Moonhowlings.net