This overly embellished interview has been unearthed.
It seems like Mr. Stirrup left off the neutering process. What services are illegal immigrants denied now? How has crime dropped 19%? I thought I read where it had increased.
There is so much misinformation in this interview that I am embarrassed for John Stirrup. Either he is not being honest or he honestly does not know. Someone is feeding him bad information and it is his duty to know.
Prince William County has some immigration issues. Let’s examine them honestly rather than try to impress our friends and colleagues with doing something we haven’t really done.
It sounded to me like Forked Tongue of the State.
Editor’s Note: This is a rehash of a thread posted at the end of September. I’m including my original comments.
Apparently Gainesville Supervisor – John Stirrup made an appearance in the town or Raleigh, NC to spread outright lies. One has to wonder what his true motivation are in perpetuating these lies. Here in PWC we have had a tumultuous time since the initial adoption of our ‘Immigration Resolution’ which most likely is now being marketed as ‘The Rule of Law Resolution’.
Not having been there but having heard Stirrup’s on a couple of occasions, these facts might give you a more balanced observation of what has occurred here in PWC.
PWC County Schools has 700 fewer ESOL students
** These were the forecasted numbers which haven’t come to fruition, and some neighboring jurisdictions have had a greater percentage drops than PWC without implementing any policy.
Crime Statistics dropped 20%
** Actually, the crime rate has been dropping over the past 4 years, each year by approximately 20% even during the time frame where we had the “influx of illegals”.
Hospitals are less overcrowded
** Actually, emergency room visits have remained at the same levels but we have had about 500 less uninsured births combined with losses in L&D nurses.
What I’m sure he didn’t mention.
1. We have DOUBLE the foreclosure rates of surrounding jurisdictions that supposedly have MORE of an illegal problem than we do.
2. We have lost 25-40% of our home values, again this is DOUBLE the losses of surrounding counties
3. Our program has only identified 1.6% of those arrested as ILLEGALS
4. We have had to cut vital services to fund this program like our Senior Citizen Day Center, no new tiles in our libraries, close a health clinic, and the list goes on and on…
5. According to our County’s ‘Citizen Satisfaction Survey’, minorities including Blacks now have the lowest confidence ever recorded in our Police Department which ALSO has been cut for next year. How convenient.
6. 5% of those handed over to ICE have ended up being RE-ARRESTED in our community which makes you wonder where the other 95% really are. I suspect the majority of them were simply released by ICE and are back on our streets.
Obviously, John is now taking talking points from Corey as they try to convince the residents of Durham, North Carolina to follow in our ill-conceived footsteps. Funny how he outright LIES about emergency room visits even after receiving a report to the contrary. And, again, those crime stats being touted as if they actually had some sort of significance.